Joomla gallery by


  • Photo by Charles Hayes

  • Photo by Charles Hayes

  • Photo by Charles Hayes

  • Photo by Charles Hayes

  • Photo by Charles Hayes

How Do I?

How Do I….How Do I…? is a page dedicated to the most frequently asked questions about county services and agencies. If there is a question you have that is not covered below, please This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it .

Electric Service

How do I sign up for electric service?

Breathitt County is served by two electric companies: Kentucky Power (800-572-1113) and Licking Valley Rural Electric Cooperative (800-596-6530).

Solid Waste

How do I sign up for garbage service?

For the city of Jackson solid waste is charged as part of the monthly water bill.

In the county of Breathitt to sign up with credit card, call Waste Connections at (606) 666-5912. To sign up with cash, check, or money order, stop by the Breathitt Co. Solid Waste Office at 434 Highway 1812 North at the Breathitt Co. Maintenance Garage, or stop by the Waste Connections Transfer Station at 436 Highway 1812 North behind the County Maintenance Garage. Hours are 8 AM – 4 PM Monday through Friday.

Drivers Licensing

Where do I go for my drivers license/permit test?

Drivers licensing is handled by the Breathitt County Circuit Clerk. Their office is located at the Breathitt County Judicial Center in downtown Jackson. They can be reached via phone at (606) 666-5768.

When can I try for my drivers license (road test)?

The Breathitt County Circuit Clerk provides drivers license road tests on Monday mornings only. Road tests begin at 8 AM. You must be registered by 8:30 AM.

What do I need to bring for my road test?

Bring your learners permit and a proof of insurance for the car you are driving. If under 21, you must bring a properly licensed adult with you (they must bring their drivers license, too).

Free business joomla templates